PANOLA MOUNTAIN STATE PARK 10K/5K
Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
Celebrate National Trails Day® by running through gorgeous Panola Mountain State Park, one of the jewels of the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area and a designated National Natural Landmark!
* Chip timing * Free photos * Awards for top 3 male and female overall, top male and female masters, and top 3 male and female division finishers * Free kids fun run
* Complete the 2018 Panola Mountain State Park 10k and receive a finisher's medal. In addition, if you previously completed the 2018 Rock & Comet 12k, completing the Panola Mountain State Park 10k puts you 2/3 of the way towards accomplishing the GAA Treble. Click here for a sneak peek at the Panola Mountain State Park 10k finisher's medal and full details about the GAA Treble. [Please note Panola Mountain State Park 5k finishers are not eligible for finisher's medals and the GAA Treble.]
**The Panola Mountain State Park 10k/5k is part of the 2018 Greater Atlanta Run Series.
Prior Year Results, Photos, and Reviews:
2017: 10k Overall 10k Division
5k Overall 5k Division
2016: Overall 10k and 5k
Division 10k and 5k
2015: Overall Division (2015 event was 4 miler)
Reviews: Click here
Views from the Course:
2017 Race Day Video:
2016 Race Day Video:
2015 Race Day Video:
Panola Mountain State Park
3095 Alexander Lake Road
Stockbridge, GA 30281
Click here for directions and parking information
Click here for course map
Date and Time:
Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
Surface (UPDATED 4/21/18*):
5k - 2+ miles of paved park trail and approx. 3/4 mile of gravel/grass/dirt trail.
10k - 5+ miles of paved park trail and approx. 3/4 miles of gravel/grass/dirt trail.
* Due to ongoing construction of the lakeside area of the park, the course for the 2018 event has been modified from prior years to include an approx. 3/4 mile gravel/grass/dirt trail loop through the park's beautiful Power of Flight area (see Views from the Course photo 5).
This event is capped at 250 participants
Greater Atlanta Athletes' events are held rain or shine. However, the occurrence of hazardous weather conditions could result in the delay of the start of the event or postponement of the event to another date, at the race director's discretion. If an event is postponed to another date, there are no refunds and entry fees will be forwarded to the rescheduled date.
Strollers are permitted in the Panola Mountain State Park 10k/5k.
Pets and Skates:
For the safety of all participants, pets and skates are not permitted on the course during Greater Atlanta Athletes' events.
Event Day Schedule:
6:30-7:30 a.m. - Packet Pickup & Race Day Registration
8:00 a.m. - 10k/5k Start
9:00 a.m. - 5k awards
9:15 a.m. - Kids Fun Run
9:30 a.m. - 10k awards
9:45 a.m. - Raffle
10k: $35 thru May 2; $40 May 3 - May 31;
$45 race day
5k: $30 thru May 2; $35 May 3 - May 31;
$40 race day
* Students through 12th grade may use coupon code "STUDENT" to receive a $5 discount
* Mail-in registration must be received by
* All entry fees are non-refundable
* Race entries cannot be transferred to another person
* No guarantee of shirt or shirt size with race day registration
*** Please note Georgia State Parks charges a $5 parking fee for Panola Mountain State Park. Vehicles with a valid Georgia State Parks Annual Park Pass are not required to pay the parking fee.
Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration:
Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration will take place the morning of the race from 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Free Kids Fun Run:
A free Kids Fun Run will take place at 9:15 a.m. Registration for the Fun Run will take place the morning of the Run. All Fun Run participants must register prior to participation.
Overall awards will be given to the top 3 male and female overall and top male and female masters finishers. Division awards will be given to the top 3 male and female finishers in each division.
* You must be present at the awards ceremony to receive your award.
A free raffle will take place following the 10k awards ceremony.
* You must be present at the raffle to win.