COVID-19 UPDATE (5/26/20): We have made the extremely difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Ore 4 & 6 Miler scheduled for June 27, 2020 given the continued uncertain circumstances. We will be providing a full refund to everyone who has registered. If you registered for the 2020 Ore 4 & 6 Miler, you should receive your refund within the next 7 business days. Please note we have decided not to reschedule this event until later in the year given the number of events that have already been rescheduled. Thank you for your understanding and support.
ORE 4 & 6 MILER
Kick-start your summer running season with an awesome run on the Iron Hill Trail at Red Top Mountain State Park! This beautiful trail winds along the banks of Lake Allatoona offering amazing lake views throughout.
* Chip timing!
* Finisher medals!
* Awesome shirts!
* Awards for top 3 male and female overall, top male and female master and senior grand master, and top 3 male and female division finishers in 16 age divisions (5 year increments from 9 & under to 80 and over)!
* Free photos!
* Free kids fun run!
* Free raffle with cool prizes!
**The Ore 4 & 6 Miler is part of the 2020 Greater Atlanta Run Series.
Iron Hill Trail - Red Top Mountain State Park
Click here for directions and parking information
Click here for 4 Miler course map
Click here for 4 Miler elevation chart
Click here for 6 Miler course map
Click here for 6 Miler elevation chart
Date and Time:
Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
Dirt and gravel trail
This event is capped at 250 participants
Views from the Course:
Event Day Schedule:
6:30-7:30 a.m. - Packet Pickup & Race Day Registration
8:00 a.m. - 4 Miler Start
8:02 a.m. - 6 Miler Start
9:05 a.m. - 4 Miler Awards
9:20 a.m. - Kids Fun Run
9:30 a.m. - 6 Miler Awards
9:45 a.m. - Raffle
4 Miler: $35 thru May 27; $40 May 28- June 23; $45 June 24 - 28; $50 Race Day
6 Miler: $40 thru May 29; $45 May 30-June 23; $50 June 24 - June 28; $55 Race Day
* Online registration closes June 26 at 9:00 p.m.
* Race Day registration takes place from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. the morning of the event
* All entry fees are non-refundable
* Race entries cannot be transferred to another person
* No guarantee of shirt or shirt size with race day registration
*** Please note Georgia State Parks charges a $5 per vehicle parking fee for Red Top Mountain State Park. Vehicles with a valid Georgia State Parks Annual Park Pass are not required to pay the parking fee.
Packet Pickup Options:
You have two options for packet (bib and event shirt) pickup. You can pick up your packet on-site the morning of the run from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. Alternatively, we will be having an early packet pickup at Road Runner Sports Marietta from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 25.
Race Day Registration:
Race Day Registration will take place the morning of the race from 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Free Kids Fun Run:
A free Kids Fun Run will take place at 9:20 a.m. Registration for the Fun Run will take place the morning of the Run. All Fun Run participants must register prior to participation.
Overall awards will be given to the top 3 male and female overall, top male and female master, and top male and female senior grand master finishers. Division awards will be given to the top 3 male and female finishers in each division.
* Divisions for each event of the Greater Atlanta Run Series are: 9 & under; 10-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; and 80 & over. To keep age divisions consistent for the entire Series, your age at each Series event is based on your age as of August 1, 2020 (the date of the last 2020 Series event, the Boundary Waters Cross Country 5k).
* Please note your finishing place (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) for each event of the Greater Atlanta Run Series is based on "gun" time (and not "chip" time).
* You must be present at the awards ceremony to receive your award.
A free raffle will take place following the 6 Miler awards ceremony.
* You must be present at the raffle to win.
Greater Atlanta Athletes' events are held rain or shine. However, the occurrence of hazardous weather conditions could result in the delay of the start of the event or postponement of the event to another date, at the race director's discretion. If an event is postponed to another date, there are no refunds and entry fees will be forwarded to the rescheduled date.
For the safety of all participants, strollers are not permitted on the course during the Ore 4 & 6 Miler.
Pets and Skates:
For the safety of all participants, pets and skates are not permitted on the course during Greater Atlanta Athletes' events.
2019 Race Day Video:
2018 Race Day Video:
2017 Race Day Video: