CREEK TO PEAK 10k/7k
Presenting Sponsor Creek to Peak Wear
UPDATE (3/16/20): In light of the CDC’s recommendation issued yesterday that for the next 8 weeks in-person events throughout the United States consisting of 50 people or more be cancelled or postponed, our May 9th Creek to Peak 10k/7k will not take place as scheduled. We will follow-up shortly with our plan for this event. We know this is an extremely difficult and uncertain time for everyone, and please know how grateful we are for all your understanding, patience, and support.
Join us for the Creek to Peak 10k/7k, an awesome trail run taking place at beautiful Sweetwater Creek State Park!
* Chip timing!
* Finisher medals!
* Awesome shirts!
* Awards for top 3 male and female overall, top male and female master and senior grand master, and top 3 male and female division finishers in 16 age divisions (5 year increments from 9 & under to 80 and over)!
* Free photos!
* Free kids fun run!
* Free raffle with cool prizes!
**The Creek to Peak 10k/7k is part of the 2020 Greater Atlanta Run Series.
Sweetwater Creek State Park
1750 Mount Vernon Road
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Click here for directions
Click here for 7k course map
Click here for 7k course elevation chart
* Please note the Registration/Start/Finish will take place adjacent to Picnic Shelter 5
Date and Time:
Dirt and gravel trail (with section of road at beginning and end)
This event is capped at 225 participants
Views from the Course:
Event Day Schedule:
6;30-7:30 a.m. - Packet Pickup & Race Day Registration
8:00 a.m. - 10k/7k Start
9:00 a.m. - 7k Awards
9:15 a.m. - Kids Fun Run
9:30 a.m. - 10k Awards
9:45 a.m. - Raffle
10k: $40 thru April 9; $45 April 10 - May 3; $50 May 4 - May 8; $55 Race Day
7k; $35 thru April 9; $40 April 10 - May 3; $45 May 4 - May 8; $50 Race Day
* Online registration closes May 8 at 9:00 p.m.
* Race Day registration takes place from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. the morning of the event
* All entry fees are non-refundable
* Race entries cannot be transferred to another person
* No guarantee of shirt size or shirt with race day registration
*** Please note Georgia State Parks charges a $5 per vehicle parking fee for Sweetwater Creek State Park. Vehicles with a valid Georgia State Parks Annual Park Pass are not required to pay the parking fee.
Packet Pickup Options:
You have two options for packet (bib and event shirt) pickup. You can pick up your packet on-site the morning of the run from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. Alternatively, we will be having an early packet pickup at Road Runner Sports Marietta from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 7.
Race Day Registration:
Race Day Registration will take place the morning of the race from 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Free Kids Fun Run:
A free Kids Fun Run will take place at 9:15 a.m. Registration for the Fun Run will take place the morning of the Run. All Fun Run participants must register prior to participation.
Overall awards will be given to the top 3 male and female overall, top male and female master, and top male and female senior grand master finishers. Division awards will be given to the top 3 male and female finishers in each division.
* Divisions for each event of the Greater Atlanta Run Series are: 9 & under; 10-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; and 80 & over. To keep age divisions consistent for the entire Series, your age at each Series event is based on your age as of August 1, 2020 (the date of the last 2020 Series event, the Boundary Waters Cross Country 5k).
* Please note your finishing place (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) for each event of the Greater Atlanta Run Series is based on "gun" time (and not "chip" time).
* You must be present at the awards ceremony to receive your award.
A free raffle will take place following the 10k awards ceremony.
* You must be present at the raffle to win.
Greater Atlanta Athletes' events are held rain or shine. However, the occurrence of hazardous weather conditions could result in the delay of the start of the event or postponement of the event to another date, at the race director's discretion. If an event is postponed to another date, there are no refunds and entry fees will be forwarded to the rescheduled date.
For the safety of all participants, strollers are not permitted on the course during the Creek to Peak 4 Miler.
Pets and Skates:
For the safety of all participants, pets and skates are not permitted on the course during Greater Atlanta Athletes' events.
2019 Race Day Video:
2018 Race Day Video: